Rich People Trades
  • Business
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Investing
  • Business
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Investing

Rich People Trades

Politics

Sen Mullin urges spring breakers to cancel trips to Mexico amid country’s violence: ‘No one should be going’

by admin February 25, 2026
February 25, 2026
Sen Mullin urges spring breakers to cancel trips to Mexico amid country’s violence: ‘No one should be going’

Sen. Markwayne Mullin, R-Okla., on Tuesday urged spring breakers with plans to visit Mexico to cancel their trips due to violent clashes in the country triggered by the Mexican army’s killing of cartel leader Nemesio Rubén Oseguera Cervantes, known as ‘El Mencho,’ earlier this week.

Mullin made the comments during an appearance on CNBC’s ‘Squawk Box,’ in which he said his chiropractor was still planning to visit a popular tourist destination in Mexico.

‘Anybody that’s planning on going to Mexico for spring break … I mean, my chiropractor called me yesterday and said he’s still planning on going to Cancún, I said, ‘Are you crazy?” Mullin said.

‘No one should be going down there right now, it is very volatile and the United States is laser-focused on watching what’s taking place,’ he continued.

The senator’s comments come after Mexican troops conducted operations on Sunday in Tapalpa, Jalisco, targeting El Mencho, a former police officer who became the leader of the Cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generación, which U.S. authorities have identified as a major supplier of fentanyl to the United States.

El Mencho carried a $15 million U.S. bounty and rose to power following the arrest of Joaquín ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán, the former head of the Sinaloa Cartel. Over roughly the past 15 years, the Cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generación has expanded from a regional criminal group into a global trafficking organization operating from its stronghold in Jalisco.

The Mexican Defense Department said the operation was conducted as part of bilateral coordination and cooperation with the U.S., and that U.S. authorities provided complementary intelligence that contributed to El Mencho’s killing.

After El Mencho’s death, cartel members burned cars and blocked roads in several Mexican states. Violent clashes were also reported in parts of western Mexico.

Mexican authorities later said that the security situation had been ‘stabilized.’

‘The security situation has now stabilized following targeted operations in Jalisco,’ the Mexican Embassy in the U.S. said on Tuesday.

‘Federal and State authorities are proceeding to reopen transit corridors and restore public services smoothly,’ the embassy continued. ‘Airline operations are normal, and international carriers are resuming flights today. Puerto Vallarta International Airport has reopened to domestic traffic.’

The embassy added: ‘If traveling through Jalisco, some local security measures remain in place, while authorities are restoring airport operations to full capacity. We are working with international partners to ensure safety and stability at all transit hubs and tourist destinations.’

But the U.S. State Department’s travel advisory for Mexico remains in effect. The U.S. government earlier issued a shelter-in-place order for Americans in Mexico, but that order has since been lifted.

The Cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generación is considered the most powerful cartel in Mexico with an estimated 19,000 members and operations across 21 of the country’s 32 states.

The Trump administration designated the cartel as a foreign terrorist organization.

Mullin said on Tuesday that cartels splitting after Mexico’s operation is a ‘great opportunity for us, and Mexico, to take them all out.’

‘Now, are we going to eliminate all the drug trafficking in the world? Absolutely not. But can we get a handle on it again? Absolutely,’ he added.

Related Article

Who is El Mencho? Inside the rise of CJNG’s fallen kingpin and the cartel he built
This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
Trump awards back-to-back Medals of Honor during State of the Union address
next post
Trump takes jab at Pelosi by name over history of controversial stock trading

Related Posts

Trump DOJ handing Epstein documents to House Oversight...

August 19, 2025

Battered in Ukraine, Russia races to rearm —...

February 11, 2026

Michelle Obama reveals ‘infuriating’ moment on Air Force...

November 13, 2025

Dr. Oz becomes next head of Medicare and...

April 4, 2025

Denmark in Trump’s crosshairs as Vance makes ambitious...

March 29, 2025

Trump vows block on signing new laws until...

March 9, 2026

Venezuelan opposition leader says democratic transition would be...

January 27, 2026

Voice of America restored by judge after Trump...

April 23, 2025

9 House Republicans defy Mike Johnson, join Dems...

January 8, 2026

Death penalty looms for Charlie Kirk’s accused killer,...

September 15, 2025

    Become a VIP member by signing up for our newsletter. Enjoy exclusive content, early access to sales, and special offers just for you! As a VIP, you'll receive personalized updates, loyalty rewards, and invitations to private events. Elevate your experience and join our exclusive community today!


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Editors’ Picks

    • 1

      Environmental Approval for Boland Infield Studies & Update on Scaled Column ISR Test

      September 19, 2025
    • 2

      First lady Melania Trump’s new official portrait revealed

      January 28, 2025
    • 3

      American fighters are dying in Ukraine in growing numbers. Bringing their bodies home is a complex task

      January 30, 2025
    • 4

      ECOWAS pledges to ‘keep door open’ after 3 coup-hit West African nations exit regional bloc

      January 30, 2025
    • 5

      Vale Launches Strategic Review of Thompson Nickel Operations Amid Market Challenges

      January 28, 2025
    • 6

      Europe’s busiest airport is set to get bigger, as Britain green-lights tortured Heathrow expansion project

      January 30, 2025
    • 7

      DeepSeek is giving the world a window into Chinese censorship and information control

      January 30, 2025
    • Terms and conditions
    • Privacy Policy

    Disclaimer: richpeopletrades.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.


    Copyright © 2026 richpeopletrades.com | All Rights Reserved